Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good Evening from Wadi Musa!

Good evening from the Hashamite Kingdom of Jordan.  Yes, that is what they actually call it.  I am writing this from Wadi Musa, known as the Valley of Moses.  The archeological part is the amazing city of Petra.  Tomorrow we get a chance to explore this incredible place.  Today we left the Dead Sea and drove over to Mount Nebo.  Mount Nebo is the place where Moses was able to look into the Promised Land.  A land that Joshua would lead the children of Israel into.  Looking out you can see the Plains of Moab.  There are so many biblical stories that take place from this area.  As you look into Israel you can see the Dead Sea and the outline of the Jordan River as you look towards the area moving towards the Galilee.  Hard to imagine what must have been going through Moses's mind as he looked upon the land he would not be able to enter.

It is taking forever tonight for pictures to upload so I will try to get more pictures later.


Tomorrow we are going to hike to a place called the High Place and then a few of us are going to try and make it to the Monestary.  The Monestary is a monument way back into Petra that is my personal favorite.  It is a really long hike and about 12 years ago I hid a rock.  Ok, I admit it I am a dork, a big kid at heart, and years ago I hid this rock and put my initials on it way back into Petra.  So tomorrow I am going to try and find this dumb rock.  If I never make it back to the States you will know I never found it.  Well it is getting pretty late and it will be a long day tomorrow.  Good night from Wadi Musa!

Here are a couple of pictures of Petra I found online to give you an idea



No comments:

Post a Comment