Sunday, March 21, 2010

Petra

Well it was quite a day.  I am absolutely whooped.  We did alot of hiking today all over Petra.  Well I didn't find my rock.  I looked for a while and finally gave up.  Even though I could not find it I am allowing myself to exit Petra.  I think it was buried under a bunch of dirt.  Who knows.  Tonight we eat dinner then go to bed and tomorrow we start our track home.  I cannot wait to see Ann and the kids.  Two weeks is a long time.  I know Scott is ready to get back and see Metta and Arlen, and I think Richard, Cliff, and Charla are ready as well.   It has been an amazing trip.  Here are some pics from the beautiful city of Petra.  Petra was home to so many people over the last three thousand years plus.  Many feel it is Petra where the people who received the prophesy of Obadiah lived.  Some also believe this could be the place where the Jews flee to during the last 3 and a half years of the Tribulation.  Over time it has been home to the Edomites, the Nabateans, the Romans, and the Crusaders to name a few.  The pics just cant show how amazing it really is to be there.


Standing in the Siq


Richard and Scott in the Siq






The Treasury Temple (remember Indiana Jones?)
this is the first thing you see as you enter from the Siq


Here is the Riverside 5 in front of the Treasury


Roman Theatre at Petra


Beautiful view on walk to Monestary - takes what seems like forever to get there- but it is worth it



Monestary- I am standing in doorway












Leaving Petra- One more shot of Treasury Temple



Leaving the Siq

No comments:

Post a Comment